Here's Looking at You... Tiger
This project’s mirror/faux magazine cover theme attempts a somewhat raunchy (although you can switch it up) approach to playing up your partner’s ego…and we all know there’s a little narcissist in all of us. This one’s pretty easy, once you get the materials—so here goes.
Alphabet Stickers (1” – 2”)
A Small Mirror (try thrift shops; I found mine at a discount store for $2!); approximately the size of a magazine cover
Small Plastic Animals/Toys (think cake topper size); type of toy depends on the phrase you decide to go with (see Step 1 for ideas)
Epoxy/Hobby Glue (the stronger, the better)
Small Pliers (optional)
- Think of a compliment/phrase; I went with “Hey tiger.” and “Best Lover Ever”
Additional Ideas (in this order-- top text; bottom text; toy to use)
- “Sexy Beast”; “You drive me wild”; any wild animal
- Cutesy Alternative: “Such a dear”;” Sweetest Girlfriend Ever”; deer
- Use masking tape to make straight lines on the top and bottom of your mirror (to use as a guide for your stickers).
- Stick the phrase of your choice to their corresponding areas (I recommend choosing a bigger font for the top text and a smaller font for the bottom).
- Once the words are in place, it’s time to glue the animals. If you choose to go with the “mating” position and think you’d like a little more stability (aside from glue), use a pin (cut off its head so that you have two pointy sides) and pliers to stick the two together. You can also go simpler by just gluing the toys on top of the frame.
- Let dry overnight.
- Clean the mirror to remove any fingerprints/dirt.
- All done. Start gifting!